Makayla M. North Dakota

Animal Cruelty

Why we need to stop animal cruelty

Imagine being homeless, hungry, cold, wet, and unloved. I’m sure you wouldn't, so why do it to animals? According to the (ASPCA), approximately 2.7 million animals are being abused each year. We need to put an end to animal cruelty.

The first reason why we need to end animal cruelty is because it's against the law in many countries, as well as our own. It needs to be against the law in ALL countries. There should be more serious consequences for offenses towards animals. This could help to keep people from neglectful or abusive actions.

Secondly, animal cruelty needs to be stopped because many people abuse their animals, even though they do not realize what they're doing to them. There should be more awareness and education for people to learn how to properly care for and treat animals. They don't know what they're doing to the animals cruel.

The final reason why animal cruelty needs to be stopped is that the crimes are starting from people using them to make money by breeding them or using them for gambling purposes. It will either come to a fine from $5000 or 5 years worth in prison. In North Dakota, it's a $3000 fine and up to 1 year in prison (doppler.com). Animals everyday are being whipped, chained, beaten, and most importantly, unloved.

In conclusion, we need to have harsher consequences for people who mistreat animals. Some people think it's funny to treat animals with disrespect, others are just clueless. We need to make it illegal to test/abuse animals. Animals have feelings too.

Makayla Morriseau

Beulah Miners

Beulah High School - English II (Utecht)

Beulah High School, Beulah, ND