Rosie V. Illinois

Terrorism is invading our streets.

We need to address terrorism and its effects

ISIS is a big no-no in our economy. The U.S. should not for any matter be letting refugees into our country, we do NOT owe them anything.

We must do something about ISIS.

They are causing us, the U.S deaths, and is harming our economy.

What I want to accomplish, have more security at local/popular places so terror attacks stop.

The Orlando Shooting June 12, one of the most devastating and terrifying nights to happen in our country.

About 49 people were killed and 53 injured, and just hold on cause there’s more. Officials state “the nation's worst terror attack since 9/11,”

Our country is in ruins, and we’re not doing much to save ourselves.

We were just as lucky to have Orlando police shoot him.

“Mateen called 911 during the attack to pledge allegiance to ISIS and mentioned the Boston Marathon bombers, according to a U.S. official.” These kind of things are the ones that scare people away from local places. What kind of nation will we live in if people are too frightened to go out. CNN news articles also includes how there is no official correspondent associated with ISIS or have found any accomplices.

Just think what if there were accomplices or official ISIS members, how worse could this have turned out.

Another terror attack inspired by ISIS was another shooting, the San Bernardino shooting in California on December 2, 2015.

The two who were in charge of causing 14 deaths had planned this about 4 years before.

And “had even gone to a shooting range just days before the attack.” states the New York Times. Now i’m not sure if they’re dead now or if they’re in custody but I know again this another example of poor police watchouts. New York Times also states “Mr. Farook traveled to Saudi Arabia and returned to the United States with Ms. Malik.” Who knows what they brought back or who they went to associate with. If they brought back certain things or discussed this attack beforehand with someone from ISIS, could they have made a bigger deal out of this?

Now for the most common terror attack to ever happen, September 11, 2001.

9/11 was named the #1 on the worst terrorist attacks.

15 years ago, and they are still in our memories. ISIS did not cause this attack but Al Qaeda did, another Islamic State terror group.

This cost our economy about $3.3 trillion!! If 9/11 wouldn’t have happened imagine what we could have use that money on. We could’ve used it for Welfare, the poor, and much more.

But because we the U.S. were off guard we lost a ton of lives and money.

History states how the 19 attackers smuggled “box-cutters and knives through security at three East Coast airports and boarded four flights bound for California”. This is a a great example of how easy it is to sneak in weapons and disguise them as everyday supplies.

Eventually they fought Al Qaeda bringing them down to the mastermind behind it all, Osama Bin Laden.

If ISIS is ready to declare war with us, we must be ready, no excuses.

Again what we want to accomplish, is having heaps of security and police patrol at airports, streets, and and many more. We want to keep our civilians safe and protects them from chaos breaking loose.

Sincerely, Rosie

Gurrie Middle School

McGovern Period 1/2

Ms. McGovern's Period 1/2 ELA Class