Keiontae P. Georgia

Obesity in The U.S

Obesity in the U.S is a very important issue. The problem can be caused by fast food restaurants and unhealthy eating habits.

Obesity in the U.S is a very serious issue. Fast food restaurants cause many people to gain weight and develop diseases. The gaining of weight and causes of some disease is caused by the unhealthy serving of food at fast food restaurants. Millions of people eat at McDonald's on a daily basis. Many people eating out at fast food restaurants causes the obesity and overweight percentages to rise. Therefore, we should only eat out at fast food restaurants 4 times a month.

According to Super Size Me, Spurlock agreed to do an experiment that involved eating McDonald's three times a day for 30 days straight. When the experiment was over, Spurlock gained 25 pounds and lost all his muscle. Spurlock also developed health problems like liver dysfunction, fatigue, and heart palpitation. Some fast food industries use partially hydrogenated oil, which contains trans fat and an increased chance of heart disease.

Many people in the U.S are obese. There are approximately 58 million overweight adults, 40 million obese adults, and 3 million morbidly obese adults. Being obese can cause major health issues like type 2 diabetes, heart problems, strokes, and respiratory problems. About 300,000 deaths in the U.S happened because of weight.

Although fast food restaurants sell fast food that isn't as healthy, the food is surprisingly cheap. Almost all the food at these restaurants are affordable. If we cut down the bad foods in fast food industries, we can solve most obesity problems in the U.S. If we could cut down on the number of servings per day at fast food restaurants many people would be healthy.

Keiontae P