Brennan P. Kentucky

My Opinion on Gun Control/Death Penalty

Gun Control and Death Penalty are very important and related subjects. This is why I chose to write them together. I think that the future president needs to hear my opinion.

Here is my opinion on what you should do with the issue on gun control/death penalty. Mostly, my reasons will just be about keeping us, the citizens safe. This is very important because you don't want people to die because of murdering issues. Do you?

My suggestion for death penalty is that it is only used for major reasons and not minor ones. This is because the population would be decreasing by the second. For example, if you killed someone because they sped just a little bit, that would be unneeded and unacceptable. When I say major, I mean that if that person has repeatedly killed people. I believe that if someone has killed many people, then they should feel the same pain and agony as their victims did by suffering the death penalty. This is what I think about the death penalty.

Next, my suggestion for gun control is that an ex-felon should not be allowed to purchase a gun. This is very important because if someone was an ex-felon and had committed murder, it could be their advantage to get a weapon to kill more people. As you can see, this would be very dangerous. An ex-felon could go up to a gun store and buy one without anyone knowing where they have been. It is kind of like how you don't want to touch gum that is not yours. You do not know where that has been either. This is why background checks are very important. This will be my next suggestion.

Lastly, my suggestion on background checks is important too. Background checks should be performed and made for everyone who purchases a gun. The background checks on everyone should be checked by the person at the cashier before a person attempts to purchase a gun. This is very important because if someone has gone to jail because they committed murder, they should not be allowed to purchase the gun. If you have gone to jail before, then it would show up on their background check. If there is no background check, then the ex-felon could purchase a gun and commit more murders. This is my opinion and suggestion on background checks.

Thank you reading my letter and taking my suggestions into consideration. I hope that you like my opinions. Thank you for being our president!! 

Sincerely,                                                                                                                                                                                        Brennan P.                                                                                                                                                                   Louisville, KY

NoeMiddle6Pacesetters

Pacesetters Block 2 Social Studies

Pacesetters Block 2 Social Studies