Adam West Virginia

Medical Marijuana

Medical marijuana needs to be legalized, and this is why.

Dear Mr. or Mrs. President,

I am writing to speak to you on the topic of medical marijuana. I strictly believe that marijuana can be used for medicinal purposes and can have huge benefits for those who use it, as well as those who are able to distribute it. Now, while many people are advocating for marijuana to be legalized for recreational purposes, I am asking you to legalize it solely for medicinal purposes for a few reasons.

The first reason involves the benefits to those who are able to smoke it. As someone who personally suffers from epilepsy, I know there have been studies to prove that marijuana reduces the likelihood of seizures. It can also help with certain mental disorders, such as anxiety and depression.

The second reason is the amount of profit the government and medical field can make from the marijuana. If you legalize medical marijuana, then insurance companies will start including it in their plans. Therefore, people who truly need it won't have to pay for it as much as they would need to because their insurance would cover it. Everyone benefits.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Please consider my arguments when you make your final decision.

Adam L.