Jesus J. California

Stop killing innocent lifes

Abortion is killing innocent lives

The most amazing gift that each of us as individuals posses is the gift of life, But we take that precious gift away when we conduct an abortion on an innocent life. Killing an innocent baby is wrong, even when it's yet to be born. For the U.S government killing an unborn child is illegal according to the Federal Unborn Victims of Violence Act which protects them from murder and assault so that anyone that wants to intentionally kill or attempt to kill an unborn child must be be punished. So wouldn’t it be strange if someone else kills an unborn child it’s murder but if you kill your own child it's completely legal.

In many states it's completely legal to have an abortion. I strongly believe that it's extremely wrong because it's violating the constitutional rights of the unborn child. Many studies have been conducted and there has not been proof that shows that a fetus is not a living thing. This topic has been very controversial all over the country and has been ignored, we need to do something about this, we can not allow woman to kill innocent lives. You, future president, should focus on completely banning abortion on all fifty states. According to the New York Times, twenty one states have enacted abortion restrictions at different stages of pregnancy, however this does not stop the killing.

I’m taking a stand for pro-life because we need to put an end to abortion. A living human being begins its life at conception, although it's only a cell what is important is not the accident of size or weight but the essence that unborn child has. Sometimes the cause of the pregnancy is a tragedy. Many times the woman is raped or the baby comes with a disorder or the woman's life is at risk, however one tragedy is not the answer to another. We are not going to stop rape by killing an innocent child, we do not cure a baby by taking his life and we do not avoid all health issues by ending the life of an innocent child .

However, according to Naral Pro-Choice America, argues that abortion should be legal because the woman should have the right of freedom of choice, allowing women the right to make choices about when they want to have children in relation to their age, financial stability & relationship stability. However the unborn child does not deserve to die because of the parents irresponsibility . According to the Pro-Life Across America 98% of women regret getting an abortion. This shows that abortion is an awful tragedy, not only does the mother suffer more when the abortion is conducted but they have to carry on with the rest of their lives that they killed an innocent child.

Abortion is also a problem of the constitution because it is violating the civil rights of a human being. Unborn childs are deprived of life and with abortion we are taking the most basic right, the right to life. President Ronald Reagan once said in a speech “ Abortion is a problem of the constitution, until someone can proof that the unborn child is not a living human thing then that child is already protected with the constitution law which guarantees the right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness”.

So far forty one states have enacted abortion restrictions at different stages of pregnancy, but Nine states and D.C do not have specific laws prohibiting abortion and can get an abortion at any stage of pregnancy according to a New York Times statistic. However the state of oklahoma has banned abortion completely making it a felony for a doctor to conduct an abortion. This proves that it is possible to ban abortion from all fifty states.

We can not ignore this problem any longer, we must take action and ban abortion once and for all. A stattistic conducted by Bound4Life.org showed that Every year, an estimate of 58.5 million babies in the U.S. have been aborted since 1973. With the help of you Mr or Mrs President we can help save the lives of thousands of innocent children. As Mother Teresa De Calcuta once said “ it is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish”

Best Regards,

Jesus Moises Juarez

New Technology High School

American Studies

New Tech High's Junior class. This is a team taught US History and Literature class.