Henry M. Vermont

Gang violence

Gang Violence

Dear Future President of the U.S.A.:

I believe that we can stop gangs from causing chaos. I believe that we can lower the homicide rate. I believe that we can stop gang violence. You can make a law that you aren't allowed to carry firearms in public places without a permit. This would reduce the amount of guns on the street which would lead to less drive-by shootings and other gang related crimes. This would not only stop some gang violence but it would prevent other crimes like armed robbery, mugging and possibly kidnapping.

You, Future president can start by making more available jobs in large cities so there won't be a need to smuggle drugs into the U.S. to make money.

As you walk down the street do you want to feel like you could be shot or caught up in a gang fight? No! Because the citizens of the United States of America sure don’t either. If I go to Chicago Illinois or Los Angeles CA, some major gang infested cities, I want to feel safe. I do not want to be on guard for potential gang fights, Drive-By shootings or other gang related violence.

“There were 33,000 violent street,motorcycle, and prison gangs active in the U.S., with more than 1.4 million members (a 40% increase from 2009).” Says the FBI in 2011. That means more drugs, more homicides, and more crime in your cities. Your citizens will look to you and say “Help us.” What are you going to do about it?

I am looking for a president that will try as hard as they can to crack down and stop gang violence. I want a president that will do whatever they can to stop gangs in their tracks.

Sincerely, Henry M

Shelburne Community School

Winton

Winton is a 6-8 grade middle school team at Shelburne Community School in Shelburne, Vermont.