Leila F. Washington

Women's Rights!

Women deserve to have more rights are be safe from prostitution!

Dear Mr. or Ms. President,

I believe that women all around the world should not be in prostitution or be touched by men without their consent. I think that women are not toys that you can just play with or forced to be with. It happens all around the world and America has to do something to stop it. This is important because women have been treated badly and have never had the power to speak for themselves. The problem is that, most of the powerful positions in our world have been all men as against women.

Everywhere around the world we have had significant increases in prostitution. Like in Afghanistan “There is more than 90 percent of women that believe that their husbands are beating them if they misbehave” (McClanahan). This also happens in India where “The gang rape and subsequent death of a university students has sparked protests to there change laws, and cultural views on women should remind the United States why it is high time to ratify the United Nations' "bill of rights" for women” (Norris).The "bill of rights" will be a proclamation on how women are not below standards in owning their own house to getting a very good job (owning anything under their name).

There is prostitution all around the world, its also has happened in college. In college's women have been touched inappropriately in school and out of school without their consent. Women all around the world don’t deserve to be beaten or touched by any man because women should never be forced to do anything they want to do. This connects to my previous discussion because it has been happening during school which should be a very safe place where women should be comfortable to be around.

While this may not seem important to some people, which I mean men who want to control women for their own desire or worse, a slave. But women are humans and they should not be treated like a toy and more like a strong and grown leader. Well of course we don't have to change any laws for this to happen, except for giving women the right to be able to protect herself from men and people who would use women for money.

On the other hand women are usually considered weak, not able to do hard labor like men. All women as strong as women, they think of us as maids who clean the house and cook dinner while giving pleasure to their husband when women deserve to be able to work hard and make there own choices.

We might have not destroyed prostitution but, the US State Government says that “Second, the treaty requires decisive action against trafficking and exploitation of women through prostitution, but the committee urges that trafficking victims are not prosecuted. That's far from legalizing prostitution” (Norris). Not just in the US but all around the world, we need to destroy prostitution and people used as toys for any man. This connects to thesis because I'm talking about how the US is trying to get rid of prostitution. The government can put on the news that if you are sexually abusing a women you will got to jail for a long period time.

This is what happens to women all around the world. The Reporters also say that “Second, the treaty requires decisive action against trafficking and exploitation of women through prostitution, but the committee urges that trafficking victims are not prosecuted. That's far from legalizing prostitution” (Norris). This supports my thesis because I'm talking about how women in prostitution. That women are a target and can never be totally safe.

In conclusion, the people of the United States need to know how women are treated poorly throughout the world. We should give them more freedom and more rights. We all need to stand up to prostitution and abused women all around the world and make sure that women will feel safe to walk out of their house or any where without having a man chasing them. Women may not be as strong or cocky as men, but they have rights to and should everybody be able to live in a world that is safe from all theses dangerous people or to have chaos all around the world. 

West Seattle High School

5th Period LA9

Hopkins Intro to Literature & Composition