Carson B. Ohio

Sexism and LGBT rights

Sexism is rising and should be abolished and LGBT rights are in danger.

Dear Mr. (Trump) President:

Mr. President, I think that currently there are two big problems in this country (among others): Sexism is rising and LGBTQ rights may be in danger. This needs to be discussed because these problems are only breaking the country we all thrive in more and more. But there is an even bigger problem in the U.S: the new leader, Donald Trump, is sexist, or at least he treats all women horribly, and our vice president is against the LGBTQ movement and wants to abolish gay marriage, etc.

This is how these problems affect our country: people of all genders are afraid to reveal their sexuality fearing that they will be tortured by other citizens, women are being discriminated/sexually harassed because Donald Trump has said “Just grab her by the p***y”; which is making people think it’s okay to do it since our new president does. Religious people, such as muslims, are being told by their parents to not wear their hijabs, etc because they’re all afraid that they will get bullied wherever they travel. Many, many protests are going on based on the problems that affect our country. As Facts About Suicide: The Trevor Project states about suicides, “Suicide attempts by LGB youth and questioning youth are 4 to 6 times more likely to result in injury, poisoning, or overdose that requires treatment from a doctor or nurse, compared to their straight peers”. And “The rate of suicide attempts is 4 times greater for LGB youth and 2 times greater for questioning youth than that of straight youth”. This is also a problem because I personally know a couple of people apart of the LGB group that has considered suicide many times in the past year. This is also a big problem because the majority of youth today joke about suicide, which causes the rates to go higher. Sexism is also a problem because women of the US feel lower than men because men are basically defined as masculine, emotionless, determined. Women are identified as weak, made for the kitchen and having children. But many women are more than that. Additionally, our new president is quite sexist, determined by these quotes that he has said according to Donald Trump sexism tracker: Every offensive comment in one place, “Trump was in court testifying in a deposition over a failed Florida real estate project when lawyer Elizabeth Beck asked to take a break to breastfeed her three-month old daughter. The property mogul and his team objected, so she pulled out her breast pump to prove it. In an incident that Trump "does not dispute", he walked out of the room, telling Beck she was "disgusting". All of his sexist comments towards women date back to the 1980s.

What the president (you) should do in your term to improve our country is to: start an anti-sexism movement, and give all rights to LGBTQ people (based on their opinion). Happiness for everyone shall be accomplished if these plans are put into place.

Yours truly,

Carson Brannon