Alex S. California

Black Lives Matter/Police Brutality and Gun Control

Police Brutality/Black Lives Matter and Gun Control are major problems throughout the U.S. and something needs to change.

Dear Future President of the United States of America,

Police brutality and gun control are things that have impacted the U.S. a lot the past couple of years. Police brutality and gun control are major problems in the world right now and something needs to change because everyday on the news, you see a story about how police shot and killed someone just because they looked suspicious and they didn’t bother to use their taser. 

Many times at crime scenes, police are always going straight to their guns just because they say they feel “threatened” and then the cops shoot them and it makes a huge story on the news. When police or law enforcement abuse the law, it is one of the biggest violations in the U.S. Less than 1% of law enforcement who commit brutality are convicted of doing crimes. Many times, police have fatally shot people. Why didn’t they go to their tasers, especially if they were unarmed?

There have been many occurrences of brutality and more than 200 African Americans have been killed by police just in 2016. Also many people have gone up to innocent African Americans and killed them just because they are black. One example of this was in 2012. On February 26, 17 year old Trayvon Martin was fatally shot and killed by George Zimmerman, a citizen who called the police on Trayvon just because Trayvon looked suspicious after buying a bag of Skittles. This is just one example of how people are being racist and accusing African Americans because of no reason.

However, police are not the only ones who have been using brutality. For example George Zimmerman was just a citizen who killed Trayvon who was an African american because he looked suspicious.

However, besides George Zimmerman who was not a police officer, Some officers have instead of going straight to their gun, some have used their tasers.

All in all, Police Brutality and Black Lives Matter have impacted people a lot it’s time to make a change. There have been way too many occurrences of police officers or racists killing innocent African Americans for unnecessary reasons.

Looking forward to your response.

Botelho, Greg. "What Happened the Night Trayvon Martin Died." Cnn.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 6 Nov. 2016.

M, Ethan. "Police Brutality." Letters2president.org. N.p., n.d. Web. 6 Nov. 2016.

"Police Brutality." Hrw.org. N.p., n.d. Web. 6 Nov. 2016. 

Diablo Vista Middle School

Zhebel - English 8

Zhebel - English 8