Hope A. Iowa

Abortions for selfish reasons should be illegal .

How would you feel if someone took away your ability to live? Imagine not having any say in whether or not you want to have a life. Well babies don't have a choice in their mother’s womb. If a woman decides to abort her baby, they can't do anything about their life being taken away from them. Their whole future is demolished. I believe abortion is wrong when committing it for a selfish reason.

According to operationrescue.org, about half of pregnancies are unintended. Out of all unintended pregnancies, four in ten are aborted. There are 1.2 million US women that are 25 or older, that have abortions. I personally think that if there is abortion, that you should only be able to get an abortion in the first trimester. If it is murder to kill a human being in any stage of life, then abortion, the murder of the fetus, is obviously wrong, because murder is one of the ethical absolutes. When we perform an abortion, we take the life of an innocent child.

Some people do not have the ability to carry children, when others are careless about their sexual activity. Such activities sometimes lead to “back up plans” to ensure they will not have a child, such as abortion. Infertility affects 6.7 million women in the US, according to asrm.org. I personally think that you could go through the pregnancy and have the child, then put it up for adoption. The babies could then be adopted by the people who cannot have children.

In conclusion I would like you to support any legislation in favor of restrictions on abortions and advocate for responsible adoptions.

Hope Arganbright