Kevin Ohio

The Future is in Our Education.

Albert Einstein once stated, “Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live it’s whole life thinking that it is stupid.” The problem? Our current education system is forcing fish to climb trees. And it will remain this way until we do something about it.

Dear Next President:

In order to further improve our generations, we must educate our children and ourselves in the fields of science, arts and literature so that we can perform in better quality and have a slightly more clearer idea on what to do. However, in order to achieve this goal, we must first give people this educational opportunity in the first place. Our current technology and strategies may not be the best possible quality yet, making it a very important project the government should fund in to make schools all across the U.S. provide a better education--having a better curriculum and degree-- making our education more effective and making said education cheaper so that everybody, perhaps even poverty, can access this opportunity.

Right now, we rank 17th in overall educational performance, which is considerably lower than most countries. Our current schools uses common core, which states that all students must be at a certain level at a certain age. Unfortunately, every child is unique and different in their own ways, and the standards from common core limits their ability. We focus on competition to snag a place in college and make money, even though we shouldn’t force people to act a certain way. Many people end up with no opportunity. We must find a way to include everyone reach their full potential. As president, we must fund a program that will allow everyone to have an education that is fit for their needs. After all, students are the people who will make up our future generations.

While we are on the topic of including everyone, it is also important to know that there is many smart and creative people out on the streets, who will never get a proper education with our current system. There are many great inventors and leaders who were born poor, meaning that there are many potential great men and women out there, who will never reach their potential unless we create a program of some sort that will give poor people an educational opportunity.

Even if we were able to get everyone into grade to high school, we still won’t be able to fulfill everyone’s dreams. Right now, college is more expensive than ever, and most people need an degree in order to make an official living out of their experience. With these high costs, we won’t be able to get everyone they want, so we must find a way to make school more affordable.

As stated earlier, it is very important for us and our children to get an education to create our future. In order to do so, we must include everyone, find a way to make our education more efficient, and decreace tuition cost. Albert Einstein once stated, “Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live it’s whole life thinking that it is stupid.”

Kevin

Hudson Middle School

HMS 8 Respect

The gathering place of fine young minds in Hudson Middle School!