carlos g. Missouri

letter to the next presedent

Im sure you are aware of this problem facing the lower class of people. The problem i am addressing is the outrages tuition of school. Not only college, but high school. Most of high school dropouts are due to financial problems. Most people don't even get into college because of expensive tuition.

Now I know you have a lot of money, but the lower class doesn't. According to The College board, “There is a wide range of prices. But you should know that half of all full-time undergraduate students at public and private nonprofit four-year colleges attend institutions that charge tuition and fees of $11,814.” now i'm not sure about others but i can't afford that much money.

Question, why is college so expensive? Well U.S News said “U.S. colleges and universities are overspending on unnecessary programs and campus perks – often financing pet projects via a growing “subclass” of adjunct and part-time faculty, says Robert Reich, former U.S. Secretary of Labor and now a professor of public policy at the University of California—Berkeley.” Now if they dropped the unnecessary programs then maybe i could afford college, but it's still really expensive.

So how can we change to help every get a good education? I think we should conform to canada policies because they make it easy when it comes to money. According to Independent news,” Canada has announced education will be virtually free for cash-strapped students but wealthier ones will still have to cough up.” In doing this it helps them succeed and not have to have the burden of paying thousands of dollars .

Carlos Gomez

Central High School

ELA 9 - 1 Blue

Honors 9th grade ELA students