Haileigh P. Michigan

Animal Cruelty

How important animal cruelty is in the United States.

Animal cruelty is a serious issue that occurs everyday but not many do something to stop the people doing it. The people who mistreat animals rarely ever get arrested for the crime. This is serious to me because I love animals and so many animals especially dogs are getting abused, mistreated or killed.

Many people don’t understand how many animals are getting abused on a daily bases. According to the ASPCA, an animal is abused every 10 seconds in the USA. 70.1% involve dogs, 20.9% involve cats, and 24.1% involve other animals. Animals do nothing to deserve getting hurt and neglected on an everyday bases and it is happening everywhere.

Dogs are the number one abused animal in america. A lot of people hold dog fights, where they let two dogs fight in a cage together for money. This activity is cruel and popular in some states, anybody associated in hosting, or witnessing them, if caught would be a felon. Thousands of dogs have been killed in this activity and it is not a top priority to stop.

People should be stepping up and helping prevent this, and take charge for the people that do abuse animals. The people that abuse animals don't get a punishment that will actually make them want to stop, if it was taken more serious more people would know that consequences after doing it.

Haileigh