Schuyler M. Iowa

Immigration

Immigration reform in the U.S.

I am sure you are well aware of the problems that are going on in America. I understand that you are trying to calm most of these problems down. People are out rioting in the streets because they think that everybody hates them. Even though that may be the case, I am not hear to talk about that. The issue I would like to address is immigration to our country.

In the past few years immigration has become a big issue in the U.S. With all the immigrants from Mexico illegally crossing our southern border, and Syrian refugees fleeing terror caused by ISIS with bombings and shootings. People come to America to escape problems in their homelands; however, there are plenty of other places they could go including: Germany, the U.K, and France. 

After some research, I have discovered that the United States has the highest immigration population at 46,627,102 . That is an outstanding number. As I looked further into my research, I see that if people counted American citizens who have immigrants as parents, the total population would be up to roughly 80 to 85 million people. That is an insane amount of immigrants in this country.

As I end my letter, I would just like to say that immigration is a big part in everybody’s life whether we like it or not. There is no way to avoid it as of right now. We need to figure out a way to fix our immigration problem before it gets any worse.

Schuyler M.