Leonardo C. California

Saving Our Earth

Us humans are destroying this Earth and we have to act on these actions.

Dear Mr. President,

I live in Sylmar, California and I am a student in high school. During this high school year I have learned that us humans are destroying the many lives that live in the ocean. With the smoke that is coming off of huge factory buildings, the smoke is rising to the sky and forming clouds that hurt the ocean when it rains. This rain is changing the acidity of the ocean and killing off animals that may or may not go extinct.

We have been destroying this planet little by little every year, and people are not aware of this problem. News shows tell the problems that celebrities are having like Kim Kardashian getting robbed or Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt getting their divorce. Let's be honest, how does this information actually help us? Sure it keeps us up to date with the drama that is going on between these celebrities, but do we really need this gossip? What people need to know is that we are destroying this planet every year, and most of the people in the world don't even know it. Some people may be aware of this problem, but they won't take any action in trying to make a difference.

Mr. President, more people need to be aware of this problem, if not, at this rate there will be no Earth in a few thousand years. That's not a very long time if you think about it. We need to slow down  the production of factories and increase the production of people helping this planet and all of the life here, while it still exists.

John Henry Francis Polytechnic High School

Honors English 10 A / Period 4

Sophomore English class in the magnet program of John H. Francis Polytechnic High School in Sun Valley, California.